Boondocking is what we do best! This is our preferred way to to camp and we have found some amazing, epic places we want to share with you! But we are also members of Boondockers Welcome, Escapees and Thousand Trails. So we’re here to share our tips on all the locations we stay in Florida. We are full time RV travelers, so we will be updating this blog often! Come back often!
Boondocking / Free Camping
Florida has some pretty epic free camping areas! Yes, I know! Boondocking in Florida is challenging. Reserving your free sites on the WMA websites can be tedious and hard. But Florida has hundreds of amazing boondocking places. Really scenic, beautiful places! Be patient, and you could land in some of the most scenic RV spots in Florida – FREE!
- Potts Preserve – We stayed about 8 days here. Loved it. Quiet, good cell service, and plenty of space for a big rig. GPS location on photo below.
- Lake Panasoffkee – Another great place. Hint: Reserve the Equestrian area if you’re a big rig. You know you’ll fit if horse trailers can fit. GPS on photo below.
- Dead River Landing – Cell service is limited here, but wow! We ended up reserving this just for the weekend because I work, so I need cell service during the week. Here you are just steps away from a beautiful little river/lake where you can put your kayak in. See more pictures below!
- Bayside – waterfront small beach, amazing sunsets, and great cell service. We were able to stay here for 5 days. Loved the little beach right behind the RV. GPS on picture below.
- Goose Pasture Campground – GPS: 30.202837, -83.967889 – Good cell service, and plenty of room.
Since we are very new to Thousand Trails, we have not stayed at any of the Thousand Trails parks yet. Stand by! Our top pics based on recommendations from friends are:
- Space Coast
- Crystal Isles
- Tropical Palms
Check out our list of hidden gems and fun, unique things to do in Florida! Click the button below!
Don’t forget! This list will be updated as we travel. Share your own amazing boondocking and paid campgrounds with us. We’d love to hear about them!
Here are some other blogs you might enjoy!
- RV Camping in Pennsylvania
- Boondocking – How We Spent $48 in Camping Fees for the Whole Year!
- Free Camping in Colorado
Thank you for visiting our blogs! We hope you find value in our information and we’d love to hear your tips and finds!
So – You’re shopping on Amazon? Please consider using our link. It doesn’t cost you anything extra, and it gives us a few extra pennies. Click below to use our link, and then just shop like normal. Thank you! It means a lot to us!