Boondocking is what we do best! Free camping in Michigan is abundant! It is our preferred way to camp and we have found some amazing, epic places we want to share with you! But we are also members of Boondockers Welcome, Escapees and Thousand Trails. So we’re here to share our tips on all the locations we stay in Michigan. We are full-time RV travelers, so we will be updating this blog often! Come back often!
Boondocking (Free Camping) in a Big Rig
- Kewadin Casino. GPS: 46.437392, -86.707779 Free electric hookup’s. Please go in and spend a few dollars. You don’t have to gamble if that’s not your thing, but go in and have their amazing breakfast or lunch. Right across the street from the casino is a “dry campground” that people are paying money to park in, and have no electric hook-up. So this is a great deal! But go in and say thanks, and have a wonderful meal!
- CCC Old Prison Camp GPS: 46.641113, -85.126612 – This actually boarders the Tahquamenon Falls State Park. It just can’t get any easier than this. This is one of our drone shots, so you can see how big and wide open this area is. We were the only ones here and we stayed almost a week. Verizon has decent cell service. TIP: Head to the state forest office and pick up your self issued pass. When we were there, they were available in the parking lot in a self service box in the front.
Look at this amazing spot in Wakefield, Michigan. This is private land, but if you call the number listed at the entrance, the man will typically let you stay more than one night. We did call, and we asked if we could stay an extra night, and he was so friendly and so accommodating! This is boondocking, but if you love it, please leave a donation in the donation box.
- Sunday Lake, Wakefield – GPS: 46.479428, -89.935888
We are very new members of Thousand Trails. So come back soon! We plan to check out the Michigan Thousand Trails parks this fall! Which ones are your favorite?
- Bear Cave RV Campground
- St. Clair RV Resort
Check out our list of hidden gems and fun, unique things to do in Michigan! Chick the button below!
Don’t forget! This list will be updated as we travel. Share your favorite amazing boondocking and RV camping locations with us! We’d love to hear about them!
Looking for some RV Camping in other states? Check out some of our other blog posts.
We have some amazing blogs about full time RV life. Here are just a few we recommend.
- Our Top RV Kitchen Gadgets
- Free Camping in Idaho ~ 5 Epic Boondocking Areas!
- Simple DIY RV Renovation
- RV Appliance Power Consumption
Thank you for visiting our blog! We hope you find value in our information and we’d we love to hear your best tips!
So – You’re shopping on Amazon? I mean who doesn’t, right? Please consider using our link. It doesn’t cost you anything extra, and it gives us a few extra pennies. Click below to use our link and then just shop like normal. Don’t forget ~ check out within 24 hours so we get credit! Thank you!! It means a lot to us!