Boondocking is what we do best! This is our preferred way to to camp and we have found some amazing, epic places we want to share with you! But we are also members of Boondockers Welcome, Escapees and Thousand Trails. So we’re here to share our tips on all the locations we stay in California. We are full time RV travelers, so we will be updating this blog often!
- Boondocking: If you have a smaller RV or van, check out the most amazing views up in Big Sur, California GPS: 35.970278, -121.450784. We are 40 feet and couldn’t fit up there, but oh what a view!
- Redinger Lake Road, NorthFord, CA – GPS: 37.145072, -119.454472 – Some information says 30 feet or less, but many bigger rigs have made it here, and been happy. Beautiful area!
- Spangler Hills – Ridgecrest, CA – Large open desert with mountain views. Any size rig will fit. Watch the summer heat! GPS: 35.517459, -117.661117
- TOP PICK: Short Canyon Road – Inyokern, California GPS: 35.710854, -117.909935 Look at this view!!
There are currently 21 Thousand Trails and Trails Collection parks in California. We haven’t been to any yet, but let us know your favorites!
Want to check out all the amazing hidden gems we found in California? Click the button below to be taken to our Off The Beaten Path in California blog post!
So – You’re shopping on Amazon? I mean who doesn’t, right? Please consider using our link. It doesn’t cost you anything extra, and it gives us a few extra pennies. Click below to use our link and then just shop like normal. Don’t forget ~ check out within 24 hours so we get credit! Thank you!! It means a lot to us!
Here are some amazing blogs we think you’ll love!
- The Top Places to See in Newport, Oregon
- Off the Beaten Path in Montana – Our Top 7 Hidden Gems in Montana!
- RV Camping in Florida
- Off the Beaten Path in Michigan. Top 10 Hidden Gems We Found in Michigan!
Thank you for checking out our little corner of the internet! We appreciate each and every one of you! We’d love to hear from you! Check back often! This list will be updated whenever we travel!