Boondocking is what we do best! This is our preferred way to to camp and we have found some amazing, epic places we want to share with you! But we are also members of Boondockers Welcome, Escapees and Thousand Trails. So we’re here to share our tips on all the locations we stay in Montana. We live and travel full time in our RV, so we will be updating this blog often! Come back often!
- GPS: 45.212987, -110.900338 – 18 miles from Gardiner, Carbella Recreation Site is a dispersed campground located on BLM land. This site is located along the Yellowstone River and it’s located on the west side of U.S. Highway 89.
- Galena Gulch Recreation Area GPS: 46.2542, -112.1838
- Homestake Pass Rd. Butte, MT 59701 GPS: 45.9266, -112.4055
- Abbot Bay Boat Launch / Flathead National Forest GPS: 48.3428, -113.9812 – Beautiful lake views, and as you can see from the google picture attached, it can get busy. Our advice would be to arrive on a weekday, and off season.
- Owl Creek Packer Camp (we did workamping real close to here over at Holland Lake). GPS 47.439929, -113.609391 This used to be a paid campground, but had some issues with management and was then turned into a free area after being bought out by the National Forest. It is still maintained but not like a campground. You can even find a pedestal or two in the campground that are on. WOW! Free power hookups! But don’t overstay your welcome, please.
- Holland Lake – GPS: 47.451043, -113.608570 – This is where we spent our summer workamping and though this is a dry camping campground, it’s one of the most amazing places to spend some time. Lots of beautiful views, hiking, water sports, etc. I highly recommend Holland Lake Campground.
Here are a few blog posts we think you’ll love!
- Our Top 7 Free Camping Spots and Boondocking Tips
- RV Camping in California
- How Much Does it Cost To RV Full-Time?
- The Best 30+ RV Hacks!
Want to check out all the amazing hidden gems we found in Montana? Click the button below to be taken to our Off The Beaten Path in Montana blog post!
So – You’re shopping on Amazon? I mean who doesn’t, right? Please consider using our link. It doesn’t cost you anything extra, and it gives us a few extra pennies. Click below to use our link and then just shop like normal. Don’t forget ~ check out within 24 hours so we get credit! Thank you!! It really means a lot to us!
We hope you found some great information here! Make sure you check back often as we are always updating our blogs with new information. Also, we’d love to hear from you! What was your favorite boondocking area or paid campground in Montana?