Boondocking is what we do best! This is our preferred way to to camp and we have found some amazing, epic places we want to share with you! But we are also members of Boondockers Welcome, Escapees and Thousand Trails. So we’re here to share our tips on all the locations we stay in Arkansas. We live and travel full time in our RV, so we will be updating this blog often! So come back soon!
Boondocking / Free Camping
Ok, so lets talk about boondocking in the Corps of Engineer parks. We had so many people question us when we posted on other outlets that there was no way we were in the CoE parks for free. There are tons of CoE parks around the US. Some are open year round, some are open year round but only charge from March to October, and some are only open from March to October and have gates they close the rest of the months. We were near Murfreesboro in two of our picks for this blog. The two listed below were both places that remain open, but after October 31st, they are free. No hookups. Pit toilet bathrooms, and good cell coverage. I picked these two amazing places to share with you because not only did we find two epic places, but we also met a local man who we now call our friend. This has happened to us more times than we can count in our travels. Random people become life long friends. Thank you, David, for hanging out with us a few times, and telling us the amazing history of your beautiful lake!
- Bear Creek CoE Campground – Kirby, AR. Free after October 31st, water available but no hook-ups.
- Laurel Creek CoE Campground – Murfreesboro, AR. Free after October 31. We did not see any access to water, but there were some pit toilets. We did not check them out as we are totally self contained.
- Lenox Marcus – CoE – Open year round, always free. GPS: 34.267159, -93.217239. Big rig friendly, water view. Great cell service.
- Washita – Story, AR – GPS: 34.649702, -93.531217 Great place! Good cell, and water view!
We haven’t stayed at any paid campground areas in Arkansas. Have you? We’d love to hear what you found in Arkansas and what you loved about it. We are always updating our blogs in our travels, so come back soon!
Check out our video below!
Want to check out all the amazing hidden gems we found in Arkansas? Click the button below to be taken to our Off The Beaten Path in Arkansas blog post!
Here are some other blog posts we think you’ll love!
- RV Camping in Washington
- Organizing Your RV Stuff. Our Personal Mega List of Helpful Items You Might Not Have Thought of
- 10 Myths About Boondocking – Debunked! Yes, We Do Take Showers!
- Simple DIY RV Renovation
So – You’re shopping on Amazon? I mean who doesn’t, right? Please consider using our link. It doesn’t cost you anything extra, and it gives us a few extra pennies. Click below to use our link and then just shop like normal. Don’t forget ~ check out within 24 hours so we get credit! Thank you!! It really means a lot to us!