When you think of New York and camping, the two probably couldn’t be farther apart. But there is more to New York than the bustling city, bright lights, and taxi cabs. We’ve got some amazing recommendations for you!
Boondocking is what we do best! This is our preferred way to camp and we have found some amazing, epic places we want to share with you! But we are also members of Boondockers Welcome, Escapees and Thousand Trails. So we’re here to share our tips on all the locations we stayed while traveling in New York. We live and travel full time in our RV, so we will be updating this blog often! Come back soon!
- If you are heading to visit Watkins Glen State Park, we suggest Sugar Hill State Forest. As you can see from the picture (not my picture) there is no limit on the size RV that will fit. (See GPS on Picture) The maximum stay is only 3 nights but it’s free.
- Santway Park – GPS: 44.208554, -75.799707. Just outside of the town of Theresa. About 10 camping lots. The Indian River flows alongside the whole campgrounds. Has portable bathrooms. A pavilion that has electrical plugins. Also a playground. The best part … It’s free!
- Stillwater Reservoir – Lowville, New York – Lowville, New York GPS: 43.889798, -75.035497
Roundout Valley RV Campground – Located in Accord, NY. This is a great place to go if you’re exploring Lake Minnewaska! We stayed here for a week in September 2020, and it was a fantastic stay! It was more crowded than I anticipated being September, but still a very nice stay.
Want to check out all the amazing hidden gems we found in New York? Click the button below to be taken to our Off The Beaten Path in New York blog post!
Here are some other blogs we think you’ll love!
- RV Camping in Pennsylvania
- Off the Beaten Path in Every State! Hidden Secrets in the Lower 48!
- The Best 30+ RV Hacks!
- 10 Myths About Boondocking – Debunked! Yes, We Do Take Showers!
- Off the Beaten Path in New Hampshire. Our Top Unique Places to See.
So – You’re shopping on Amazon? I mean who doesn’t, right? Please consider using our link. It doesn’t cost you anything extra, and it gives us a few extra pennies. Click below to use our link and then just shop like normal. Don’t forget ~ check out within 24 hours so we get credit! Thank you!! It really means a lot to us!
Thank you for stopping by our little corner of the internet! We truly appreciate each and every person who takes the time to read our blogs. We’re honored you spent the last few minutes with us! If you aren’t signed up to follow us, please do! You’ll be notified of our new blogs when they go up.